The good things about Belgrade airport (most things actually):
- the free wifi "bought" in the post office shop, which has an internet corner with chairs and tables and places to recharge your laptop AND a no smoking sign.
- It's clean and tidy and easy to get to. (no mafia taxi drivers like last time I came)
- there's plenty of space which looks like they haven't worked out how to cram in so many shops yet.
- the smoking. Everyone seems to smoke in Belgrade. There are no areas labelled non-smoking in restaurants or any enclosed spaces.
- the soviet style cafeteria where you have to look what you want and then queue up to pay and then take your ticket to the food counter: 3 queues normally and some quite long. Basically it means the management doesn't trust the food counter staff, which says more about the managers and their attitude than anything else. The managers are all old men and the counter staff all young girls. Must be some sort of franchise, or they employ their granddaughters.
- The grotty old parts of the terminal when you get to the gates: not much air conditioning and not enough seats.